In this digital age, the world of art is just a click away. With countless online platforms offering a vast selection of art pieces, buying art online has become more accessible than ever. However, navigating the online art market can be overwhelming, especially for those new to the experience. Fear not! In this blog post, we'll guide you through the art of buying art online, providing valuable tips to ensure a seamless and satisfying journey. From discovering reputable platforms to making informed decisions, let's embark on an art-filled adventure!
At endemicworld we make buying art online easy by providing a wide range of styles and prices to suit all tastes and budgets
1. Embrace the Digital Gallery Experience
- Explore renowned online art platforms that curate collections from diverse artists.
- Take advantage of advanced search filters to narrow down your preferences and find the perfect piece.
- Engage with virtual exhibitions and curated showcases for a more immersive experience.
2. Research and Discover
- Familiarise yourself with different art styles, artists, and movements to refine your taste and preferences.
- Follow online art communities, blogs, and social media accounts to stay up-to-date with emerging artists and trends.
- Attend virtual art events, webinars, or artist talks to gain insights into the art world and expand your knowledge.
Swish signature of Em Wafer on her original painting 'Trust in a Higher Power'
3. Consider Authenticity and Certification
- Look for platforms that provide detailed information about the artists, their background, and credentials.
- Prioritise platforms that offer authenticity guarantees and certificates of provenance to ensure the legitimacy of the artwork.
- Research the reputation of the platform and read customer reviews to gauge their reliability and customer satisfaction.
4. Dive into Artwork Details
- Carefully read the artwork descriptions, including dimensions, materials used, and any additional details.
- Pay attention to the condition of the artwork, especially if it is a pre-owned or vintage piece.
- Zoom in on high-resolution images to examine the finer details, textures, and brushstrokes.
Details of 'Kawau Omaha' Original Artwork by Justine Hawksworth
5. Understand Pricing and Value
- Compare prices across multiple platforms to gauge the market value of similar artworks.
- Consider factors such as the artist's reputation, rarity, demand, and the artwork's historical or cultural significance.
- Be mindful of additional costs such as shipping, insurance, and customs fees, particularly for international purchases.
6. Connect with the Artwork
- Trust your instincts and choose artwork that resonates with you on a personal and emotional level.
- Imagine how the artwork will fit into your space and complement your existing décor.
- Take advantage of virtual tools or augmented reality features offered by some platforms to visualise the artwork in your own environment.
Small round original paintings by Lucy Davidson styled in autumnal tones
7. Engage with Customer Support
- Reach out to the online platform's customer support for any inquiries or clarifications.
- Ask about their return policy, warranty, and assistance with framing or installation, if applicable.
- A reputable platform will be responsive and provide excellent customer service.
We hope that was helpful and you’re feeling more equipped to start buying art online. So, go ahead, explore, and let your walls come alive with captivating art that reflects your unique style and taste. Happy art hunting!